Tennis Unlimited has a tennis program to suit children of all ages! From perceptual motor skills training for those as young as 3, to ANZ Tennis Hot Shots to grow their confidence, to professional coaching for those in competition.
ANZ Tennis Hot Shots
ANZ Tennis Hot Shots is Tennis Australia's Official Kids Starter Program for children aged 5-12 years old. Through the use of modified court sizes and low-compression balls, kids learn to serve, rally and score in a game that is appropriate to their developmental needs.
Children progress through the three developmental stages (ages are a guide only):
- Blue stage: Introduce (ages 3-5+)
- Red stage: Explore (ages 5-8)
- Orange stage: Develop (ages 8-10)
- Green stage: Encourage (ages 9+)
At each stage, ball compression and court size increases in line with the development of the player. This gradual progression improves their skills, and prepares them to play on a full-size court with a yellow ball.
At ANZ Tennis Hot Shots, children will:
- play with modified equipment that is appropriate to their age, size and ability
- meet new friends, have fun and stay healthy
- develop new skills and coordination
- have the opportunity to play in challenge events where all players receive a participation gift
- be presented with a T-shirt when they enrol for one term of ANZ Tennis Hot Shots
- graduate to playing on a full-size court through the "learning to play" pathway.
Contact us now to try it out today and receive a free group lesson!
Visit our gallery to see videos and photos of kids from Tennis Unlimited playing ANZ Tennis Hot Shots at the Australian Open!